Terms & Conditions
- Definition of key Terms.
“Supplier” means Shasat (UK) Limited which operated under the brand name of “Shasat” (collectively, “Supplier”, or “Shasat””).
“You/Your” means (as appropriate), the Trainee, Registered Participant and/or Subscriber accessing a Site or using a Service.
“we/us/our” means Shasat (UK) Limited which operates under the brand name of “Shasat”.
“Content” means all content and any and all intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, any and all discoveries, inventions, copyrights and know- how, whether or not patentable, and whether or not reduced to practice, used in the Event and provided by or on behalf of Supplier, whether held by Supplier or any third party, including without limitation, any course materials, course agendas, data, data representations, images, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics, “applets,” and any look and feel to any Content, as well as any of the foregoing derived from, based upon or utilizing in any way any such Content, whether during or after the termination of these Terms and whether created by you, Supplier, or any third party.
“Effective Date” means the date on which the ordering process by Supplier confirming acceptance of your order.
“Supplier Content” means all Content provided by or on behalf of Supplier at or for use in conjunction with a specific Event.
“Terms” means these Terms and Conditions and any other terms and conditions expressly agreed in a writing by Supplier, which may be electronically through this website or pursuant to a written agreement signed by you and Supplier.
“Your Content” means all content and any and all intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, any and all discoveries, inventions, copyrights and know- how, whether or not patentable, and whether or not reduced to practice, used in the Event and provided by or on behalf of you, but excluding any of the foregoing derived from, based upon or utilizing in any way any Supplier Content.
- Access to this web site
- If you go through a registration process on that Site, as a “Becoming Member/Registered User/Subscribe Newsletter” (See clause 3 below); or
- if you register as a “Subscriber” to our subscription Services which we offer or may offer in the future; or
- by accessing the Site without registration or subscription under (i) or (ii), (as a “Visitor“). In such circumstances, your use of the Site or any Content (as defined below) constitutes your acceptance of these Terms.
- To the extent any individual accesses a Site or uses a Service as an employee, partner, director, agent or representative (“Agent“) of any legal entity which is a Subscriber, the Agent warrants that he or she has authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of the relevant legal entity.
- Some areas on a Site may only be available to Registered Users or Subscribers.
- Please also see our privacy statement in relation to the usage of your personal data.
- We will exercise reasonable skill and care in our provision of the Services provided to Registered Users and Subscribers, but from time to time faults may occur, in which case reasonable efforts will be undertaken to remedy such faults as soon as reasonably practicable.
- We will endeavour to ensure all subscriptions or other Services are priced correctly on the Sites (or otherwise in the Content), however, errors may still occur. If such a pricing error is discovered, we reserve the right to give you the option of either cancelling your order for any particular subscription/Service or reconfirming your order at the correct price.
- Becoming a Registered User/Registration
- In order to access specific Content on our website, and/or to receive certain Services, you must register with us as either a Registered User or a Subscriber, as follows:
- Charges are payable for receipt of certain content and/or Services on this website (which may include access to such certain Content), in which case you may receive such Services on these Terms as a Subscriber who has paid the relevant charges (in accordance with terms mentioned below) for a specified period of time or, in the case of Training Courses, for a specified course, and either a specified number of licensed users or a site licence (a “subscription”).
- In order to register with us, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information (including, without limitation, your email address), by updating your details on the relevant section of the applicable Site or contacting us using contact details on the applicable Site. If you do not provide accurate and complete information when you register, we may not be able to provide the Services or Content that you request or that are suitable to you.
- You are responsible for all access and use of any Site or Service by you or anyone else using any of your usernames and passwords and for preventing unauthorised use of any of your usernames and passwords. If you believe there has been any breach of security (such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorised use of any usernames, passwords or any payment information), you must notify us immediately by emailing to email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agreed Terms
Shasat (UK) Limited operates under the brand name of “Shasat”. By accessing or using this website (www.shasat.co.uk or www.shasat.com), by registering on this website for any events, seminars, online training course or for any public training programmes (each, an “Event”) provided by or on behalf of Shasat (UK) Limited, (collectively, “Supplier”, or “ Shasat“), or by entering into an agreement with the Supplier for any in-house event, and to the extent not inconsistent with any express written agreement to the contrary between you and Supplier concerning any event, all use of this website, and all requests for an in-house event or for attendance at a public event (each, an “order”) placed by you shall be governed by these terms. Any terms or conditions set forth in your ordering documentation in addition to or inconsistent with these terms shall be of no force or effect.
The terms stated in this document supersede all prior statements, representations, discussions, negotiations and agreements between you and the Supplier, whether oral and written. No order shall be binding on Supplier until Supplier has accepted such order in writing to you. The event shall commence on the dates specified by Supplier in its acceptance of your order.
By using this website, if you are making any order on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to these terms and conditions, in which case the terms “you” or “your” shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you may not place an order. If you do not have such authority, you will be personally liable to Supplier for placing an order without such authority.
- Payment and Cancellation Policy – Public Training courses (applies to all public training courses listed on our web site):
- By providing a credit card/debit card account number or other account number permitting electronic charge, debit or transfer of funds (collectively “Electronic Payment Method”), you authorize the Supplier to charge the account number you specified. Supplier charges and collects in advance for each Event.
- An electronic invoice will be automatically generated by our system for every registration. This invoice includes any applicable discount for multiple registrations.
- If you select the “Pay by wire/online/cheque” option during the online booking process, please arrange for payment within 15 days, beyond such time they are considered late.
- Full receipt (cleared funds) of the Supplier’s invoices is in any case required before the start of the Event for which you have registered.
- For those enrolled attendees requiring assistance with any administrative matter (e.g. letters of invitation, taxations, VAT etc.), full payment of the relevant invoice is required at least four weeks before the start of the Event. Shasat shall require you to provide a copy of your passport and any other document as may deem fit, before issuing an invitation letter. In the events of your visa rejection, Shasat may not issue you with another invitation letter for your second attempt to apply for a visa and as may deem appropriate.
- Shasat takes no responsibility for your visa approval since this is beyond our control. If you fail to attend our scheduled programme due to non-issuance of required visa or cancellation of flight etc. then in that case Shasat shall not be obliged to refund the course fees and it will be considered as “no show.” Therefore, you are advised to check your visa status/situation and any potential issues before applying/registering for our programmes/courses/events.
- Shasat may issue special discount coupons which are to be used only for specified purposes. Such codes are not eligible if used for any purpose other than that for which it was issued, and furthermore Shasat reserves the right to refuse the use of such special discount coupons at its sole discretion.
- Detailed attendance instructions will be issued to all registered attendees before the Event, normally including hotel recommendations.
- The supplier reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or reschedule an Event, or to change the instructor without notice. You will be entitled to no compensation or damages in such a case.
- If Supplier cancels an Event (or reschedules it to a date inconvenient to you), we will provide a full refund (except bank charges) within 30 days upon your written request, or at your option, you may transfer the credit to another Event organised by Shasat or to another person. If you cancel your registration in writing to the Supplier more than 4 weeks before the start of the event, we will provide a full refund after deducting the applicable bank charges. If you cancel your registration in writing to the Supplier less than 4 weeks before the start of the event then no refund will be given and no training material and certificates will be distributed, however, replacement is permissible with substitute attendees.
- No refunds will be made after you have attended the event. Nonetheless, the Supplier is proud of its reputation in the marketplace and also of its level of customer service, therefore, we will always seek to address any concerns that you may have before, during or after the course.
- The supplier will have full ownership and sole right to copyright over all the training material; therefore, no part of the training material can be reprinted, reused or distributed without the written consent of the supplier.
- Shasat reserves the right to combine two or more of its public courses together at its own discretion.
- If a registered participant request us to transfer his/her registration to another program then such requests shall be considered by Shasat on case to case basis and may charge an additional administration fee to address such requests..
- Payment and Cancellation Policy for In-House Courses
- Shasat shall provide you with a fee quote and out-of-pocket cost estimation for each in-house program request. 50% of the estimated total fees and all estimated total expenses are payable immediately upon the Supplier accepting your request, and such amounts are not refundable. This non-refundable advance payment is required to cover the Supplier’s time in planning and preparing for the Event, irrevocable travel expenses incurred, a commitment to the agreed dates at the possible expense of other work, and the advance release of Supplier Content for review.
- After the completion of Event, the Supplier will issue you an invoice representing the balance of any fees due plus final expenses. The latter will normally include all travel, subsistence, accommodation, airport transfer local and abroad and any other expenses incurred by or on behalf of Supplier in respect of the Event. This invoice must be paid within 15 days, beyond such time payment is considered late and we will charge an interest @8% per month.
- Refer to the relevant clauses in section 5 which shall apply with respect to cancellations by the Supplier.
- If you cancel the Event for any reason within 60 days of its scheduled start date, the Supplier shall be entitled to retain any and all advance payments made by you to the Supplier.
- If you wish to reschedule/change the scheduled in-house training dates then you must provide a written notice to the Supplier at least 8 weeks/56 Days prior to the original scheduled training dates, after which new dates will need to be mutually agreed upon by the parties. This may result in a change of instructor. No financial penalty will normally apply unless Supplier has incurred non-refundable out-of-pocket expenses in preparation for the Event, in which case you shall reimburse Supplier for the cost of same immediately upon demand.
- If you wish to reschedule the Event less than 56 days before the scheduled start date for any reason, Supplier shall be entitled to retain any and all advance payments made by you to the Supplier, and a further advance fee computed as per Section 5(a) shall become due and payable for the re-scheduled Event.
- The schedule in-house event can be not delayed for 60 days beyond the original scheduled/agreed training dates unless both mutually agreed to delay.
- No refunds will be made after the commencement of the Event.
- The supplier will deliver to you, in good time prior to the commencement of the Event, the applicable Supplier Content for use in (or ancillary to) the Event. You shall make sufficient copies of any such Supplier Content for the attendees of the Event without alteration.
- You shall provide at your expense an appropriate venue and suitable equipment (Projector, Flipcharts etc.) for the Event, appropriate refreshments and meals for the attendees and instructor(s), as well as such support as Supplier or its instructor(s) shall reasonably require for delivery or presentation of the Event.
- At least one week prior to the date of the event, you shall notify the Supplier in writing of any health and safety, security and other site rules, practices and procedures applicable to or appropriate for the relevant venue.
- You shall provide a daily sign-in sheet to the Supplier evidencing all attendees present at the Event and request each attendee to complete an evaluation form in the form provided by Supplier for each Event. You shall deliver such duly completed sign-in sheets and evaluation forms to Supplier within 2 weeks from the end of each Event. To assist with the instructor’s planning and preparation, at least two weeks prior to the scheduled date for the Event, you shall provide Supplier details of attendees expected to attend each Event, wherever available and as soon as practicable
- Penalty for late payment
Late payments will accrue interest at a rate of 8% per month or using a maximum permissible penalty rate, calculated on a daily basis overdue, of the outstanding balance or at the highest rate permitted by law plus all expenses of collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs associated therewith.
- Change of Venue and Instructor
The Supplier may, in its sole discretion, substitute the announced instructor(s) with another instructor(s) as well as the Venue.
- Taxation / VAT Charges
You shall be liable for any VAT, sales tax, duties, or similar taxes chargeable against the Event or any Supplier Content.
Any and all amounts due Supplier from you shall be payable in the currency of the invoice or as set forth in the website with respect to the Event, without any set-off-deduction, bank charges, or withholding whatsoever. The participant shall be responsible to bear all the bank charges.
- Your Conduct
Supplier/program instructor reserves the right to refuse, limit or cancel any Event or the registration of any attendee at the Event if you or such attendee in the opinion of Supplier/program instructor has displayed unreasonable behaviour or is deemed to be violent, abusive or disruptive. In such cases no refund or cancellation fee will be paid by Supplier to you or such attendee.
All information contained in any Supplier content (or imparted before, during or after the event) is intended for delivery in the context of a live training course and does not represent a professional opinion. It may therefore be incomplete or insufficiently comprehensive or technically incorrect in some aspect which may be relevant to you or any attendee. You, any attendees and/or any other recipients of the relevant Supplier content and any user of this website may not rely on any such Supplier content or the content of this website and should exercise caution when acting or refraining from acting on the basis of such Supplier content, you are advised to obtain appropriate professional advice in relation to any particular circumstance and/or to any action (including omission) that you or they may wish to take.
There are no other warranties, liabilities or remedies provided by Supplier, Supplier’s instructors or any other third party regarding the events, Supplier content, or content provided on this website. Other than as expressly warranted in these terms, the event, Supplier content, and this website are provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis. Supplier makes no warranty that the event or Supplier content will be error-free or will satisfy your specific requirements. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Supplier disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights with regard to any event, Supplier content or this website. Some states and jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
You hereby permit the Supplier to identify you in its marketing materials and web presence as a customer of the Supplier.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Supplier’s aggregate liability under these terms exceed the amounts actually paid by you for an event, if any. In no event shall the Supplier and/or its contractors be liable to anyone for any indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, consequential or other damages of any type or kind (including loss of data, revenue, profits, use or other economic advantage) arising out of, or in any way connected with any event, any Supplier content, or any use of this website, even if Supplier has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages. To the extent not prohibited by law, the limitations in this section shall apply to personal injury and death.
- Indemnification by you
You agree to indemnify and hold Supplier, its employees and program instructor harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’, related to or arising from any breach by you under the terms of this agreement.
- a) your attendance at an Event and use of the Supplier Content.
- b) any defamatory, libellous or illegal material contained within Your Content and/or contentment posted on social media.
- c) or any claim or contention that Your Content infringes any third party’s patent, copyright or other intellectual property rights or violates any third party’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- Independent Trainers / Contractors
Independent Contractor Relationship. It is agreed that the relationship between the Company and the Supplier is and shall be that of independent contractors.
The Supplier shall ensure that itself and its personnel do not hold themselves out as employees or agents of the Company. All such personnel shall be deemed the employees or contractors of the Supplier and not of the Company and each shall be informed that he or she is not entitled to any benefits, compensation or other rights provided by the Company to the Company’s employees. The Supplier shall maintain worker’s compensation, disability and unemployment insurance and shall affect all withholding for income taxes and related payroll taxes (or the equivalent for services outside Singapore) as required by applicable law.
Nothing contained in this agreement shall be construed to imply a joint venture, partnership or principal or agent relationship between the parties and neither party by virtue of this agreement shall have any right, power, authority, express or implied, to act on behalf of or enter into any undertaking or obligation binding on the other party.
Notices and Electronic Communications. All notices permitted or required under these Terms may be sent by fax, email or express mail to the e-mail address, fax number, or address most recently provided and will be effective upon receipt.
- Other Terms and Conditions
Neither party will have the right or authority to assume or create any obligations or to make any representations, warranties or commitments on behalf of the other party or its affiliates, whether express or implied, or to bind the other party or its affiliates in any respect whatsoever.
No Assignment. Your rights and obligations under these Terms or to an Event may not be transferred or assigned directly or indirectly without the prior written consent of Supplier.
Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the valid and enforceable provision that best represents the economic intention of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Applicable Law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms, the Event, and all matters related thereto shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any action or proceeding arising out of or related to these Terms or an Event shall be brought only in the City of London, United Kingdom. Each party expressly consents to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to object by reason of inconvenient forum.
Force Majeure. The delay or inability of Supplier to perform its obligations hereunder when required (other than financial obligations including payment of amounts due), if caused by events of force majeure, as defined herein, shall not constitute a breach or default and shall not subject Supplier to liability to the other so long as such force majeure event exists. Force majeure events shall include, without limitation, civil disturbances, epidemics, natural disasters, wars, acts of terrorism, acts of God, medical condition of the instructor and all other such events outside the control of Supplier that make it impossible or economically impractical for Supplier to comply with its obligations hereunder.
No delay or failure by either party to exercise any right, power or remedy accruing upon any breach, default or noncompliance under these Terms shall impair any such right, power or remedy, nor shall it be construed to be a waiver of such or any subsequent breach, default or noncompliance.
These Terms represent the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and replace any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications, representations and understandings (both written and oral) regarding such subject matter. Except as expressly provided herein, these Terms & Conditions, including this provision, may only be modified by a written document executed by both parties, and the rights hereunder, including under this provision, may only be waived in writing from the party to be charged.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Shasat (UK) Limited offers courses in different global cities, and we always aim to meet any statutory requirements to collect sales taxes and remit them to the appropriate authority. Our UK VAT number is: 978944931
Value-added tax is charged at the statutory rate (currently 20%) on all courses held in the UK, therefore, anyone who attends our courses must pay the VAT.
- UK Residents: Personal end users cannot reclaim this tax. VAT-registered businesses can generally reclaim it as input tax.
- EU Residents: Under certain conditions, overseas residents may be able to recover the UK VAT that they pay. Please refer to the following link to the HMRC website for guidance EU businesses visiting the UK – getting VAT refunds on recovering the VAT charged on our course fees and also on any other UK business expenses incurred.
- Participants from outside the EU: Under certain conditions, overseas residents may be able to recover the UK VAT that they pay. Please refer to the following link to the HMRC website for guidance Non-EU businesses visiting the UK – getting VAT refunds on recovering the VAT charged on our course fees and also on any other UK business expenses incurred.
- Organisations with official VAT Exemption Certificates should contact us prior to booking our courses.
- Organisations without official VAT Exemption Certificates but where employees are attending our Courses on ‘Sovereign Government Business’ should contact us prior to booking our courses.