Professional Skill Development Series – Presentation Skills
In order to succeed in a highly competitive world, you must know the art of presenting your thoughts and ideas in an effective manner to become successful. A good content which is presented in a manner which is indigestible, unnecessary, and uninteresting would result in boredom and even simple a message would fail to have an impact. An impactful presenter can expect to achieve is to relay the message across in a way that involves the audience by making them respond, reflect, relate and making them debate, converse or take certain courses of action. An effective presenter can also expect to leave each member of the audience feeling that they have learned something that is of use to them, in a way that made the information real to them personally and with a clear sense of what the next step will be. This is a skill which requires continues learning
We have especially designed this 2 day course to help you and your team find your own style and cope with different formats, whether you are more likely to present to the boardroom, on stage, online or at networking events.
Instructor for this course
Our trainers have specialist knowledge and first-hand experience of implementing the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP), Risk management strategies, Management practices, Compliance matters such as Basel regulations, Solvency II, Anti Money Laundering regulations, Professional skills and number of other sought after topics. This ensures an engaging and stimulating learning experience for professionals and senior executives, helping to ensure knowledge is retained.
They understand the accounting and regulatory requirements, risk environment, industry issues and challenges, risk management strategies, financial reporting & disclosure requirements, and compliance environment. They impart their knowledge using real-life industry examples, simple and user-friendly presentation of important concepts/approaches and case studies.
All delegates will receive an evaluation questionnaire upon completion of the course. The feedback from these questionnaires allows us to conduct trend analysis and continuously approve the quality of its learning solutions.
Preparation before the presentation and body language
- Understand the purpose of your presentation and what they audience is looking to achieve
- Collate all the information and ideas and organise them in a logical sequence.
- What type of presentation you are giving – Informative, Instructional and Persuasive Presentation
- Our emotions and the speed of delivery
- The importance of calming yourself and feeling comfortable
Group Exercise: Short presentation to demonstrate your existing presentations skills and identification of challenging areas
Introduction and setting the scene
- Importance of starting with an introduction
- Create first impression and establish credibility with your audience by explaining the content and purpose of the presentation
- Consider your audience and their background
- Gain the audience’s interest and confidence
- Apply the golden rules of cognitive capacity
Practical Exercise: Brief and impactful introduction
Preparing to for a presentation
- Embed the Five ‘Ps’ in your presentations – Planning, Preparation, Practice, Preview and performance.
- Estimate the time available for your presentation
- Structure your presentation – beginning, main body and Conclusions
- Use your visual aids to highlight the main ideas as you progress through the presentation
- Think about what questions the audience might ask
- Beginning with an impact
- Wiring emotions with the audience
- How to use notes to support the verbal content
- Importance of summarising every session and reminding audience about key points
- End with an impact
Group Exercise: Plan a short presentation
Delivering content and Emotional Intelligence
- Importance of right body language
- Increase your ability to label the emotions of others in the most descriptive way;
- gauging the tone of your presentation and the mood you are conveying to your audience
- Adjust your pace – align speed of thinking with the speed of delivery
- Re-enforcing your strengths and addressing your areas for improvement
- Try to identify your phrases and gestures which you use unconsciously which may annoy the audience
- Use your voice by changing volume, pitch and by using pauses
Delivering an effective Presentation
- How to control Nerves – Relax, breathe and enjoy
- Speak with enthusiasm, honesty, authority and confidence
- Focus on your Audience’s Needs
- Concentrate on your core message
- Importance of non-verbal communication
- Don’t rush through the presentation
- Reinforcing the main points, both verbally and by repetition
- Handling Q & A after your presentation – Listen, understand, involve and respond
Group Exercise: A Short presentation to practice all of the above areas
Why you must attend?
Sporadic anxiety about presenting is a common feeling but, for many, it can be a tenacious problem. There will be opportunities to learn techniques and practice them, as well as observing and learning from others. You will prepare and deliver a short presentation with the support of your facilitator and colleagues. There will be opportunities to get personalised feedback and address your own issues.
The presenter will share a wide range of ideas and techniques to improve the style and content of presentations, but the main emphasis of the program will be on preparing yourself to deliver any presentation confidently.
Following are the key features of this workshop:
- User friendly learning material, presentations, videos and number of other tools to support learning
- Learning flow charts, examples and opportunities to present to identify your strong areas and weak areas
- Learn how to use your body to convey your message
- incorporate the techniques of great orators to engage and inspire
- Smaller groups which allow you to work more closely with our expert program instructor to improve your skills
- Practice vocal techniques to enable you to project your voice with clarity
- All our presentation skills training courses are delivered by experienced professional
- Two-year membership to join Shasat’s global networking events
Who should attend
Whether you are a complete beginner or an experienced speaker looking for that extra edge, we have everything in this program to equip you with all the necessary skills.
Venue & other info
All the training courses are organised at one of the professional training facilities or training facilities at one of the 4 to 5 star hotels in the city. You will receive the joining instructions with venue details at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the training program. Tea/coffee, snacks and lunch will be provided during the duration of this course. You are responsible to organise your accommodation.
Changes to the conference
Shasat may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and program or any other aspect of the Conference at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
Each participant will be issued a training certificate, signed by Shasat and PwC, which will certify that you have successfully completed the training course and the number of hours you spent to complete this training course
If you are seeking to profile your products, expertise and experience in the field of Financial Instrument then the Shasat will endeavour to assist your business objectives with opportunities such as:
- Targeted brand awareness and the association of your company with this area of expertise.
- Present your expertise to a targeted group of industry leaders.
- Exhibit your products to new prospective clients already attending this conference.
Terms and Condition
Please read all the terms and conditions on our website including cancellation policy on our website.
In order to enrol for this programme, you can either make the payment online through our website or you can opt to make the payment via bank transfer/Demand draft/Cheque payment. Our payment web page will give you all the necessary options at the time of check out. Should you face any difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact us with your selected course and our customer services team will be happy to guide you through the payment process. You must also bear all the bank charges in relation to the payment of course fees and payment must be made at least 3 weeks before the course date. Registration will be confirmed upon receipt of payment and completion of registration form only.
We offer a group discount of 15% if you book a course for 5 or more people. Please contact our customer services desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further on how to obtain a group discount code.
Each participant will be issued a training certificate which will certify that you have successfully completed the training course and the number of hours you spent to complete this training course.
Please contact our Customer Service for further assistance at email@example.com
Besides our wide range of public courses, we are proud to offer our In-house training services to our Global clients. This form of training is tailored to meet your business needs and also an effective way of training your teams which saves time and money and will improve the productivity of your employees, making your business more competitive. If you would like to run this course an In-house course in your organisation with necessary customisation to suit your needs then please contact us today to discuss this further.