The US GAAP are being continually being improvised since the new/revised accounting standards, Discussion papers (DP), exposure draft (ED), research projects, amendments, technical clarifications and new disclosure requirements are being issued on a regular basis by the FASB causing a real challenge for the organisations and individuals, who use and produce financial statements under IFRS, to stay fully up-to-date with all the changes or have a better perspective of the issues faced by entities, concerns raised by the regulators, and best practices all around the world. To deal with all these changes/amendments, entities need to update their accounting policies, processes, and systems on a timely basis. Therefore, we have developed this US GAAP update programme that will help you to take note of all the development which would have an impact on your upcoming annual report.
We have developed this 2-day comprehensive US GAAP update programme to give you a complete:
- Update on all the newly issued accounting standards;
- Review comments/concerns raised by the SEC;
- Discussion papers and Exposure drafts issued by the FASB;
- EITF update and its impact on your current practices;
- Annual improvements projects and changes affecting your upcoming annual report
- Key matters under discussion at the FASB
- Research projects undertaken by the FASB and status update;
- Issues raised by the industry bodies and its impact on the upcoming annual reports;
- FASB’s project timeline and what to expect in the next 12 months;
- Recent accounting scandals and how it would have an impact on your annual reports
- Key US GAAP and IFRS Differences
- A fully up to date FASB update material for your reference
- Plenty of examples and group case studies for you to understand the concept
- Handouts and other useful material
Our lecture sessions are supplemented by problem-solving and case discussions to strengthen and reinforce your understanding of the topics. We have the most talented and experienced team of international US GAAP instructors who have hands-on experience in implementing the US GAAP for large organizations in different jurisdictions.
This in-depth US GAAP update workshop has especially been designed to help finance professionals build the knowledge needed in US GAAP for success at their workplace. We have only limited seats for each programme, therefore, enrol as early as possible.
Our trainers have specialist knowledge and first-hand experience of implementing the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP), US GAAS, Risk management strategies, Management practices, Compliance matters such as Basel regulations, Solvency II, Anti Money Laundering regulations and number of other evolving regulatory matters. This ensures an engaging and stimulating learning experience for professionals and senior executives, helping to ensure knowledge is retained. They understand the accounting and regulatory requirements, risk environment, industry issues and challenges, risk management strategies, financial reporting & disclosure requirements, and compliance environment. They impart their knowledge using real-life industry examples, simple and user-friendly presentation of important concepts/approaches and case studies
Instructor for this Programme
- Overview of US GAAP Structure
- FASB Pronouncements
- Financial Assets and Liabilities – Update
- Recognition, Classification, and Measurement (ASC 810)
- Recognition & Measurement (Narrow Projects)
- Current Expected Credit Loss Model (ASC 326)
- Simplifying the Transition to the Equity Method of Accounting (ASC 823)
- Contingent Put and Call Options in Debt Instruments (ASU 2016-06)
- Hedge Accounting (proposed standard (ASC 815)
- IBOR Reforms and impact on hedge accounting (ASC 848)
- Effect of Derivative Contract Novatians on Existing Hedge Accounting Relationships (ASU 2016-05)
- Revenue Recognition
- Corrections and Improvements: Revenue from Contracts with Customers (ASC 606)
- Principal versus Agent (ASC 606)
- Revenue Recognition—Contract Modifications of Licenses of Intellectual Property (EITF 19-B)
- Revenue Recognition—Practical Expedient for Private Company Franchisors
- Warrant Modifications: Issuers’ Accounting for Modifications of Equity Classified Freestanding Call Options That are Not in the Scope of Topic 718 or Topic 815 (EITF 19-C)
- Updated Leases (ASC 842)
- Implementations and industry specific challenges
- accounting for cloud computing service costs
- Business Combinations and Goodwill Impairment
- Goodwill Impairment (ASC 350)
- Identifiable Intangible Assets and Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill (Broad Project)
- Business Combinations: Clarifying the Definition of a Business (ASC 810)
- Share based payments and Pension Plan
- Employee Share-Based Payment Accounting Improvements (ASC 718)
- Pension Plan Accounting (ASC 715)
- SEC Developments
- Recent pronouncements and technical issues
- SEC Comments letters and agenda/matters in pipeline
- Other Areas
- PCAOB Update
- Exposure Drafts
- EITF Update – Key issues
- FASB Projects in pipeline
- Presentation and Disclosures
- Conceptual Framework
- Research Projects
Why you must attend?
This 2 day US GAAP update workshop has been designed to keep you up to date This workshop not only update you with all the latest FASB pronouncements but also detailed descriptions and examples of how to implement the new standards. This is a hands-on workshop to share all the implementation challenges, industry issues, best practices and also how to develop implementation strategies/road map.
Shasat has developed this high-quality learning programme to help users update their knowledge and understanding of the US GAAP. Class sizes are limited (Maximum 10 participants per class) to preserve maximum interactivity and to enhance the fulfillment of learning outcomes. Some of the key features of our training courses are:
- Expert US GAAP instructors with field experience;
- Distinct scenarios, examples and case studies to explain concepts and methodologies;
- A firm grounding for developing skills and competencies essential for financial reporting
- Access to US GAAP templates, tools, models and resources
- Opportunities to discover new career path in US GAAP
- User-friendly slide deck which summarises the concept, methodology, and principles in a simplest possible manner;
- Interactive sessions with real-life case studies;
- Concepts and methodologies are explained using examples and distinct scenarios;
- Group exercises to illustrate accounting principles;
- Discussion on conflicts, practice issues, and diversity in practices
- Additional course material and handouts to all the attendees
- Participants are encouraged to ask questions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals (beginners to specialists) from all industry groups. Examples of some of the roles that will benefit from this course are:
- Chief Financial Officers/ Finance Directors;
- Finance executives
- Corporate finance function;
- Accountants / Financial Controllers
- Financial Reporting Executives
- Budget Officers / Forecasting Specialists;
- Auditors (internal/External)
- Risk managers
- Merchant bankers
- Tax Directors /managers
- Accountancy students
- Fund Managers and Investors
- Strategic and Financial Planners
- Private Equity and M&A Specialists
- Investment Bankers
- Corporate Bankers
- Investment Managers
- Senior operations managers
All delegates will receive an evaluation questionnaire upon completion of the course. The feedback from these questionnaires allows Shasat to conduct trend analysis and continuously approve the quality of its learning solutions
Venue & other info
All our training courses are organized at one of the recognized professional training facilities or training facilities at one of the 4 to 5 star hotels in the city. We will send you the joining instructions with venue details at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the training program. We provide tea/coffee, snacks, and lunch during the duration of this course. You are responsible to organize your accommodation.
Changes to the conference:
Shasat may at its sole discretion change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location, and programme or any other aspect of the Conference at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
If you are seeking to profile your products, expertise, and experience in the field of Financial Instrument then the Shasat will endeavour to assist your business objectives with opportunities such as:
- Targeted brand awareness and the association of your company with this area of expertise.
- Present your expertise to a targeted group of industry leaders.
- Exhibit your products to new prospective clients already attending this conference.
We will provide you with a platform to meet face to face with a room full of potential clients and exhibit the benefit of your services. For more information on how Shasat can help you meet your marketing objectives, Contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us in our database. You agree that Shasat may share this information with other companies in the Shasat Group. Occasionally your details may be made available to selected third parties who wish to communicate with you offers related to your business activities. If you do not wish to receive these offers please contact the database manager at: email@example.com
In order to enroll for this programme, you can either make the payment online through our website or you can opt to make the payment via bank transfer/Demand draft/Cheque payment. Our payment web page will give you all the necessary options at the time of check out. Should you face any difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact us with your selected course and our customer services team will be happy to guide you through the payment process. You must also bear all the bank charges in relation to the payment of course fees and payment must be made at least 3 weeks before the course date. Registration will be confirmed upon receipt of payment and completion of registration form only.
We offer a group discount of 15% if you book a course for 4 or more people. Please contact our customer services desk at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further on how to obtain a group discount code.
Each participant will be issued a training certificate which will certify that you have successfully completed the training course and the number of hours you spent to complete this training course.
Please contact our Customer Service for further assistance at email@example.com
Besides our wide range of public courses, we are proud to offer our In-house training services to our Global clients. This form of training is tailored to meet your business needs and also an effective way of training your teams which saves time and money and will improve the productivity of your employees, making your business more competitive. If you would like to run this course as an In-house programme in your organisation with necessary customisation to suit your needs then please contact us today to discuss this further.