Certificate in IFRS – Deep dive IFRS Immersion workshop
The International Financial Reporting Standards are being continually adopted by more markets, representing a real challenge to organisations and individuals who produce and use financial statements. Therefore, financial policies, processes and systems may need to be reviewed and often changed. In order to meet this challenge Shasat has developed this IFRS Certificate programme that will help you understand and implement IFRS with confidence.
The IFRS has now been implemented in over 140 countries and has become a global language for financial reporting. This IFRS Certificate Programme gives participants the skills to compete effectively in today’s global standardized reporting environment. A deep dive learning in IFRS will distinguish participants from other accounting and finance professionals and shall expand their global career dreams.
This course offers a very comprehensive study of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). We have created this instructor led a complete IFRS learning programme (8 days) to professionals all over the world in different cities to meet their demands and expectations. Our lecture sessions are supplemented by problem solving and case discussion to strengthen and reinforce your understanding of the topics.
Our trainers have specialist knowledge and first-hand experience of implementing the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP), Risk management strategies, Management practices, Compliance matters such as Basel regulations, Solvency II, Anti Money Laundering regulations and number of other evolving regulatory matters. This ensures an engaging and stimulating learning experience for professionals and senior executives, helping to ensure knowledge is retained.
They understand the accounting and regulatory requirements, risk environment, industry issues and challenges, risk management strategies, financial reporting & disclosure requirements, and compliance environment. They impart their knowledge using real-life industry examples, simple and user-friendly presentation of important concepts/approaches and case studies.
Instructor for this Programme
Module 1 – Financial statements under IFRSs
- Regulatory framework
- Conceptual framework
- Tangible and intangible assets
- Impairment of assets
- IFRS financial statement formats
- Interim financial reporting
- Case Studies
Module 2 – Group Accounting
- Group accounting under IFRSs
- Consolidation techniques
- Goodwill and fair values
- Joint arrangements and associates
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Foreign currency transactions and foreign subsidiaries
- Case Studies
Module 3 – Financial instruments and share-based payment
- Financial instruments
- Share-based payment
- Case Studies
Module 4 – Disclosure and presentation standards
- Disclosure and presentation standards
- Accounting policies and changes in accounting policies
- Non-current assets held for sale and discontinued operations
- Operating segments
- Revenue recognition
- Inventory valuation
- Related party disclosures
- Statements of cash flows
Module 5 – Technical standards
- Lease accounting
- Current and deferred tax
- Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets
- Events after the reporting period
- Employee benefits
- Case Studies
Module 6 – Transition, earnings per share and the IFRS for SMEs
- First-time adoption of IFRSs
- Earnings per share
- IFRS for small and medium-sized entities
- Case Studies
Module 7 – Specialised standards, transactions and current developments
- Specialised standards, transactions and current developments insurance contracts
- Retirement benefit plans
- Exploration for and evaluation of mineral resources
- Current developments in the IFRSs
- Case Studies
Current Update and Case Studies
- Annual improvements to IFRSs
- Management Commentary
- IASB work plan
- Current discussion papers/exposure drafts/ issues with the interpretation committee.
Why you must attend?
With more and more countries adopting the IFRS as their accounting standards (almost over 125 countries) and also due to regular revisions and replacement of existing standards & principles, you must continue to develop your conceptual and practical understanding of IFRSs. If you intend to use IFRS for the first time then you must have the required knowledge and skills to implement the IFRS, be able to understand how this transition affects company’s reporting, and what it means going forward. If you have already implemented IFRS even then you need to make sure that you continue to invest your time in learning and keep your self-updated with further changes to the IFRS.
We have designed this comprehensive and detailed learning programme (8 days) to give you all the required knowledge, skills and experience to deal with these challenges. We have one of the best and most experienced faculties’ world, with over 15 years of IFRS implementation experience in the European region.
This is an instructor led course for professionals (beginners to expert level) who want to gain a complete and in-depth understanding of IFRSs in a class room environment. This IFRS course has been designed to be highly interactive and practical to provide exhaustive learning of conceptual and practical issues for those who are looking to sharpen their skills and knowledge in IFRS. Shasat has developed this high quality learning programme to help users develop their knowledge and application of the IFRS principles and concepts. Our Class sizes are limited (Maximum 10 participants per class) to preserve maximum interactivity and to enhance the fulfillment of learning outcomes. Some of the key features of our training courses are:
- Expert IFRS instructors with field experience;
- Distinct scenarios, examples and case studies to explain concepts and methodologies;
- A firm grounding for developing skills and competencies essential for financial reporting
- Access to IFRS templates, tools, models and resources
- Opportunities to discover new career path in IFRS/US GAAP
- User friendly slide deck which summarises the concept, methodology and principles in a simplest possible manner;
- Interactive sessions with real life case studies;
- Concepts and methodologies are explained using examples and distinct scenarios;
- Group exercises to illustrate accounting principles;
- Discussion on GAAP differences, industry issues and diversity in practices
- Additional course material and handouts to all the attendees
- Participants are encouraged to ask questions.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals (beginners to specialists) from all industry groups. Examples of some of the roles that will benefit from this course are:
- Chief Financial Officers/ Finance Directors;
- Finance executives
- Corporate finance function;
- Accountants / Financial Controllers
- Financial Reporting Executives
- Budget Officers / Forecasting Specialists;
- Auditors (internal/External)
- Risk managers
- Merchant bankers
- Tax Directors /managers
- Accountancy students
- Fund Managers and Investors
- Strategic and Financial Planners
- Private Equity and M&A Specialists
- Investment Bankers
- Corporate Bankers
- Investment Managers
- Senior operations managers
All delegates will receive an evaluation questionnaire upon completion of the course. The feedback from these questionnaires allows Shasat to conduct trend analysis and continuously approve the quality of its learning solutions
Venue & other info
All our training courses are organised at one of the recognised professional training facilities or training facilities at one of the 4 to 5 star hotels in the city. We will send you the joining instructions with venue details at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the training program. We provide tea/coffee, snacks and lunch during the duration of this course. You are responsible to organise your accommodation.
Changes to the conference:
Shasat may at its sole discretion change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Conference at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
If you are seeking to profile your products, expertise and experience in the field of Financial Instrument then the Shasat will endeavour to assist your business objectives with opportunities such as:
- Targeted brand awareness and the association of your company with this area of expertise.
- Present your expertise to a targeted group of industry leaders.
- Exhibit your products to new prospective clients already attending this conference.
We will provide you with a platform to meet face to face with a room full of potential clients and exhibit the benefit of your services. For more information on how Shasat can help you meet your marketing objectives, Contact our customer service team at email@example.com
The personal information which you provide to us will be held by us in our database. You agree that Shasat may share this information with other companies in the Shasat Group. Occasionally your details may be made available to selected third parties who wish to communicate with you offers related to your business activities. If you do not wish to receive these offers please contact the database manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to enrol for this programme, you can either make the payment online through our website or you can opt to make the payment via bank transfer/Demand draft/Cheque payment. Our payment web page will give you all the necessary options at the time of check out. Should you face any difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact us with your selected course and our customer services team will be happy to guide you through the payment process. You must also bear all the bank charges in relation to payment of course fees and payment must be made at least 3 weeks before the course date. Registration will be confirmed upon receipt of payment and completion of registration form only.
We offer a group discount of 15% if you book a course for 4 or more people. Please contact our customer services desk at email@example.com to discuss further on how to obtain a group discount code.
Each participant will be issued a training certificate which will certify that you have successfully completed the training course and the number of hours you spent to complete this training course.
Please contact our Customer Service for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Besides our wide range of public courses, we are proud to offer our In-house training services to our Global clients. This form of training is tailored to meet your business needs and also an effective way of training your teams which saves time and money and will improve the productivity of your employees, making your business more competitive. If you would like to run this course as an In-house programme in your organisation with necessary customisation to suit your needs then please contact us today to discuss this further.