GID 4082: IFRS 9: Hedging Currency, Interest and Price Risks: 29-31 May 2019 @ London
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
Hedging Currency, Interest and Price Risks
This course has been designed to provide you an in-depth and hands-on understanding of the hedge accounting framework under IFRS 9 and also covers differences with the IAS 39 and US GAAP. This course covers the most frequent used hedging strategies and addresses most of the challenging issues which corporates and finance and treasury professionals face today. This course will also cover the new hedge accounting framework under IFRS 9 which will be effective from 2018.
What you would gain from this course?
- Understand the reasons why companies hedge;
- Construct a successful hedge and use hedge engineering to achieve better results;
- Measure hedge effectiveness and ineffectiveness
- Understand, identify and account for the following hedges:
- fair value hedges;
- cash flow hedges;
- net investment hedges
- Identify and analyse ‘hidden’ derivatives
- Determine the appropriate treatment of embedded derivatives under IAS 39 and IFRS 9;
- Discuss the latest developments and emerging accounting issues
- Better understanding and up-to-date view of future hedge accounting requirements;
- Reduction of income statement volatility;
- Better understanding of drivers of income statement volatility and hedge ineffectiveness;
- Enhanced processes and controls around hedge accounting;
- More cost-effective hedging solutions and Compliance with the accounting requirements.
Follow the link for full course details: GID 4082: IFRS 9: Hedging Currency, Interest, and Price Risks: 29-31 May 2019 @ London